10.15.2008

Sorry, I lied.......

....but it is taking me a little longer to put the finishing touches on Madie's costume than I thought. Some of that is because as I was sewing Madison was walking around with my bobbin box taking them out and spreading thread all across the house. It was fun sitting on the floor with her and working on it. We did a lot of laughing, and I found another use for her costume next year- dye the legs green and she would make the perfect frog. While she was sitting down with her feet she totally reminded me of a little froggy!

This year we are going to have "Madie the Mallard" as our guest for Halloween. I've still got to finish up the "duck butt" part, and make the head a little more rigid, but it is coming along! Thanks to my Mom, she actually did most of the work, I just have to sew elastic on the feet, cut out a spot for Madie in the butt, and make a hole for her face. But, since I am not very good at sewing, it took me quite a while just to sew the elastic on. I need to learn to sew!

2 comments:

Jensens said...

How cute! I wish I could sew. My kids have to suffer with costumes from Target or Walmart. I love those legs!

Niki and Jess said...

I KNEW IT!