11.02.2008

Our Halloween.....

Well, for those of you awaiting pictures of the duck costume, you will have to wait another year. Madie wasn't such a fan of her costume, so we've decided to make her Madie the 2 year old Mallard next year. I guess you just can't tell a 1 year old what they are going to like. We did go trick-or-treating up at the Union with Madie's class, and she wore part of her costume there, but of course didn't want me to take her picture. Madie couldn't get enough of her daddy time- she let Cody hold her most of the time- and didn't really want to have anything to do with me. Could it be that I tried to put on her costume?Eating her crayons, not wanting her picture taken

Coloring with her crayons, still not wanting her picture taken

We had a very good low key Halloween, though. After trick-or-treating at the Union, we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Burns at Chick-Fil-A and had some yummy lunch and lots of play time in the playroom. We then headed over to their house to spend Halloween evening with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle K.C. and Aunt Amber. It was fun with lots of sugar and some yummy homemade chili!

Madie did decide to dress up- she found a pumpkin cape Grandma had made years ago for Aunt Suzi, and she loved flying around in that, but of course I didn't get any pictures of that!

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Sorry the costume did not work out. She looked cute anyway! I remember that pumpkin costume. I am glade Madie enjoyed it.

Amy said...

I know how you feel. My Kaden just turned two before Halloween and hated his costume. It might not be any easier next year....She looks cute anyway!