7.11.2009

June 18th is the day..... NOT!

On Thursday morning, June 18 we were supposed to call the hospital at 6 a.m. to see what time we were to go in to have our little guy. That night I hardly slept a wink (I think Cody might have gotten a few more minutes of sleep than me, but not by much) in anticipation of what it would be like to just walk into a hospital and have a baby. Well, even scheduled inductions I guess still follow by the old rule of "expect the unexpected." I called at 6:05 (I didn't want to seem anxious or anything) and told them I was scheduled to have a baby that day, to which the lady on the other line replied "I don't have you scheduled for an induction today." So..... to make a long story short, we didn't have a baby that day! It all worked out for the best, though, because Friday we went in and we WERE scheduled, and I slept great the night before, and the labor and delivery went great.

No comments: