Much Better

Things are getting back to normal around here.
In fact, if I dare say, things are getting much better around here than before our little curveball in life.
Nothing like a near-death experience to really put your priorities in check.
(and unfortunately for this blog, my priorities are not taking pictures of everything we do)
I came home from the hospital Saturday, the 30th. 6 nights, and 6 days in room 173. And only room 173 (except for the fun little excursion I got to take to radiology Thursday for a chest x-ray because I started coughing up blood)
A LOT can be learned in 6 days spent in a hospital bed, and I was so blessed to have my family and friends teach it to me.
  • My husband is the most amazing guy out there. Cody made sure he was with me every time the doctor visited, and took up residence on a recliner that didn't even recline all the way back. He was the loving support that got me through my first couple of days of shock, when I began to realize JUST how serious everything was. 
  • I hope I never have to go through what my Mother did. It was my Mom that drove me around trying to find and urgent care that was open, and eventually talked me into going to the ER.  She had to sit in the ER room with me while the doctor told us I had suffered a pulmonary embolism. Being a mother myself, I cannot imagine hearing that sort of news about my children~ even if they are grown at the time.
  • Grandparents are amazing, and sleepovers with Grandma Burns and Grandma Smith helped out more than I will ever be able to express. Knowing that my two little loves were being taken care of by people that love them as much as Cody and I relieved a lot of stress as a mother.
  • Our neighbors are the best friends that I could have ever dreamed of. As soon as everyone heard about what was going on I had more people than I could have dreamed of not simply offering to help, but demanding we allow them to help.
  • It's official: we have the most adorable Sunbeams ever. Pictures drawn by our precious Sunbeams came flooding to decorate the plain white walls, and make room 173 a little more like home away from home.
  • There is nothing like a pulmonary embolism to completely clear out your schedule. I've taken a new approach towards life from this experience, and I am trying to eliminate the term "I'm too busy to do anything" from my list of most common phrases.
This past Wednesday I went to an appointment with my pulmonologist, and he said that my lungs sound like they are improving, and my medicine is doing its job keeping my blood thin. He said that I can start back to normal activities, but I just have to still take things a little easy. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, since my body basically keeps me in check by getting exhausted halfway through a normal day. Naps have become much more prevalent in our household lately.

We went back to Church today (technically yesterday, since it is 1:30am now), and it felt wonderful. As I walked into the building I felt a happiness and calm come upon me. The talks were focused on prayer today, as if it were planned perfectly just for me. God carried me through this entire experience, and prayers were answered all along the way.

Walking away from this experience I have no real negative emotions. I'm not ready to sign up for such an experience again, but what I have taken from it is irreplaceable.  Although not that many people read my blog anymore (at one point I was too busy to blog, now I just don't blog because I feel guilty posting without pictures) for those people that DO still read my blog, I want to thank you. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the prayers and well wishes.


Jenny said...

I still read it!! Ha ha. And I'm SOOO happy to hear you're doing a lot better. Keep restin up!

Niki and Jess said...

I read it! I am so glad you are doing better. I can't even imagine how horrifying that must have been :(